A week of the simple things…
The general theme of my scene is focus, whether on endurance goals, healthy living, or just embracing the doses of reality life brings from time to time. Looking back this week, for whatever reasons, whether consciously or not, I focused on the simple things life brought me.
Not having a training routine has let me just go with the flow of what my body needs, rather than what I need to push it to do for the sake of meeting a training goal. In addition to the handful I captured in the above photos, I thought I’d list a few other simple things that brought me gratitude and smiles this week…maybe they can work for you too:
- Music, wine, and cooking on a Sunday evening in the kitchen
- An afternoon outside on a crisp fall day…take a walk, jog, bike, drive with the windows down. Just get outside today!
- Tossing a blanket with (homemade) lavender scented dryer sheet into the dryer…then wrapping up in the warmth of a lavender-scented blankie on a cool evening
- A trip to the fair, where I instantly became that kid again who journeyed with her family each year to the Texas State Fair; *highlights included munching on roasted corn while moseying through the farm animal tent…simple things
- A deep, meaningful conversation. Put down the phone, the social networking, and talk to someone face to face.
- A spontaneous night out to the theater with friends…it’s ok to break your routine and be spontaneous!
- Declaring “couch date” and enjoying dinner, wine, and DVR from the comfort of your couch…leaving only to refill either plate or glass!
- Getting yourself amped about something you’re really looking forward to… as evidenced by the photos, this was the acoustic Will Hoge/Shinedown show for me… I love music, especially live music, and especially two of my favorites who sang me through many miles of training. I was able to enjoy them from a comfy seat above the stage last night.
Wishing you a ‘simple things’ filled fall!
2 years ago
• 0 notes
• view comments